Small Business Advice in Leeds
With over 99% of the businesses in the UK defined as small enterprises, at UWM Accountants we have over the years learnt how best to support these small diverse and vibrant companies.
If you have a small business in Leeds, UWM has a comprehensive array of financial advice you can draw upon. It’s never been a better time to start or expand a small business with our accountancy and financial planning advice.
Here are just a few of the ways we can help you get started:
- Preparing your comprehensive business plan
- Determining the best structure of your business: sole trader, partnership, limited liability partnership, or limited company
- Where appropriate, assisting with your company formation and company secretarial duties
- Registering your new business with the HMRC
- Establishing relationships with banks, insurers, etc.
- Preparing your cashflow projections and assessing finance needs
- Preparing and submitting finance applications
- General bookkeeping, VAT, and payroll duties
- Tax planning
- Management accounts
- Annual accounts and (where necessary) annual audit
Plain English Business Guidance
Whether you are an experienced entrepreneur, or taking your first steps to becoming your own boss, deciding to pursue your business ideas is an exciting and challenging prospect.
We also help businesses in Leeds with on-going administration and obligations required by the Companies Act and ensure that their businesses remain compliant with all its legal and regulatory obligations.
Expanding a small business into new markets, or perhaps developing new products or services requires solid financial and market advice from qualified accountants with masses of small business experience. UWM have helped hundreds of businesses in Leeds in this way. We can help you:
- Conduct a feasibility study of your projects
- Decide on the most suitable sources of finance – personal capital, bank overdraft, long-term commercial loans and mortgages, national and regional agencies, venture capital, or equity capital
- Prepare the necessary business plan, forecasts, prospectuses, etc.
- Present your proposals to your chosen finance source
- Arrange a disposal, merger/acquisition, or management buyout/in
Our expertise and contacts will help you open doors that may otherwise have remained closed for you.
“Urquhart Warner Myers Accountants have now been my accountants for in excess of ten years.
“I have recently just set up a new company and they have been with me every step of the way. Their advice during this business venture has been first-rate and it has been great to have them with me for reassurance. I would and do recommend them to any other business who wants an accountant who looks at things outside of the box.”
Mark Pearce, Director, MARS Construct Limited, Leeds
Grow Your Business Book
There are 7 ways to grow your business simply by using Simple Stuff That Works. You can learn how to apply them in our free Book.
Simple stuff that works to grow your business, improve your profits, and make your business more successful. It’s simple, it works and it is based on proven principles. Our Books is:
- 100% Free
- Invaluable advice from professional accountants
- Includes tried and tested methods to increase profits and boost your business market share
What’s the catch? There isn’t one!
This book is all about SSTW – or Simple Stuff That Works.
- Simple stuff that works to grow your business
- Simple stuff that works to improve your profits
- Simple stuff that works to make your business more successful
But why SSTW?
Because it’s better than CSTD… the Complicated Stuff That Doesn’t!
SSTW – it’s simple, it works and it is based on principles: principles that have proven themselves time and again around the world.
OK, so it sounds good in concept; but how does this relate to you and your business?
Why read a whole book based on the ideas of SSTW? Well, there are seven different answers – your seven key growth drivers. These are what can help you unlock the true potential in your business; and as you read the book you’ll be able to understand and use these, confident that they are SSTW – simple stuff that works!